As technological development increases, it gets reflected in all fields. Automobile innovations take place in a much advanced level. Nowadays, fuel based on natural gases is getting depleted and hence vehicles that run on alternative energies are being invented by leading automobile companies. CO2 emission also poses a big threat to our environment that eco friendly cars that emits low amount of CO2 are being invented and introduced in India.
What are Hybrid Cars?
The latest in this field is the Hybrid cars, which successfully reduce the CO2 level and saves fuel. They are two in one type of vehicles having a traditional combustion engine along with a fuel tank and an electric motor along with battery backups.
Let us know the top five Hybrid and Electric cars in India.
- Mahindra E2O This is the first all-electric vehicle launched in 2013 by Mahindra. This car takes up power from the 48V Lithium-ion battery, For a complete charge, it need 5 hours and for a quick charge it needs just one hour. When it has full charge, it can cover up to 120 km. The price ranges is between 4.80 lakh to 5.35 lakh rupees.
- Maruti Suzuki EECO Charge From 2010 this Indian Automobile leader turned green and produced Eco Charge. The latest version in this series is Eeco, a seven seater vehicle pricing between 3 and 4 lakh rupees. This is an electric car only. It needs seven hours for complete charge to go 110 kms.
- Toyota Prius This is the first hybrid car of India introduced in 2012 from Toyota with a capacity to run both on electricity and petrol. It has three modes such as electric, eco and power modes. However, this is a bit expensive for the Indian market pricing around 38 lakh rupees.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid This vehicle, priced between 8 to 10 lakh rupees, is considered as the most fuel efficient car of India. It comes with an integrated starter generator, battery with large capacity and stop-start technology.
- BMW i8 Launched in India 2014, this i8 has already sold 1741 units from August 2014 to December 2014. As the most expensive car in India with 2.30 crore rupees, it has three petrol units and lithium-ion battery. It enjoys a total 357bhp from both gasoline engine and electric motor combined. In the electric mode the speed is 120 km/h and in the sport mode it has the speed of 80 to 120 km/h. it achieves 250 km/h in its electronic mode.